The Fall semester means the return of one of our most loved traditions - Ragin' Cajun Football and tailgating! Our game day celebration is known for its great food and fun times. It is an incredible example of our Cajun culture and joie de vivre attitude, set amongst a backdrop of beautiful live oak trees. The spirited celebration continues inside "The Swamp" where fans cheer on our Ragin' Cajuns to victory.
The University loves hosting our family and friends for this celebration of football, food, and fun! We are excited to expand our Zero Waste program and provide better recycling collection services for our game days. Student volunteers from our UL Student AmeriCorps program and SPEAK organization are helping throughout gameday and are available to answer any questions fans may have about our recycling program.
Tips for fans:
- Our goal is Zero Waste! You can help us achieve that goal by reducing your disposable gear and supplies, reusing what you can, and recycling everything possible. Leave the Styrofoam on the store shelves and take home your yummy leftovers!
- Geaux R.E.D. is a single stream recycling program! That means all plastic, aluminum, paper, and cardboard can go in the same can - no need to sort!
- Outside the stadium green and blue carts will be in every tailgating spot, in high traffic areas, and at the entrance gates. GREEN carts are for RECYCLING. BLUE carts are for WASTE.
- Inside the stadium you will find clearly marked recycling and trash bins. Help us keep the stadium clean and reduce our waste by using the correct bins.
- Reuse those nice Ragin' Cajun concession cups and don't forget to take them home with you!
- Show our student volunteers your appreciation and Cajun hospitality!
Thank you for helping us go for Zero Waste! GEAUX Ragin' Cajuns!