The Fall semester means the return of one of our most loved traditions - Ragin' Cajun Football and tailgating! Our game day celebration is known for its great food and fun times. It is an incredible example of our Cajun culture and joie de vivre attitude, set amongst a backdrop of beautiful live oak trees. The spirited celebration continues inside "The Swamp" where fans cheer on our Ragin' Cajuns to victory.
The University loves hosting our family and friends for this celebration of football, food, and fun! We are excited to expand our Zero Waste program by providing recycling and compost collection services inside Cajun Field and better recycling collection in tailgate areas. Student volunteers from our UL Student AmeriCorps program and various other organizations are available to educate fans about responsible materials management practices on gameday!
Volunteer as a Zero Waste Goalie!
Going zero waste is a team effort and is made possible by Gameday Goalies. For more information about what it means to be a Gameday Goalie click here. To sign up to volunteer as a Gameday Goalie click here.
Tips for fans:
- Our goal is Zero Waste! You can help us achieve that goal by reducing your disposable gear and supplies, reusing what you can, and recycling everything possible. Leave the Styrofoam on the store shelves and take home your yummy leftovers!
- We have a single stream recycling program! That means all plastic bottles, aluminum, paper, and cardboard can go in the same can - no need to sort!
- Outside the stadium green and blue carts will be in every tailgating spot, in high traffic areas, and at the entrance gates. GREEN carts are for RECYCLING. BLUE carts are for LANDFILL WASTE.
- Inside the stadium you will find clearly marked recycling and compost bins on the concourse and landfill and compost bins in the bathrooms. Help us keep the stadium clean and reduce our waste by using the correct bins.
- Reuse those nice Ragin' Cajuns concession cups and don't forget to take them home with you!
- Show our student volunteers your appreciation and Cajun hospitality!
Thank you for helping us go for Zero Waste! GEAUX Ragin' Cajuns!