Our objective is to develop and manage the campus grounds as a paradigm of a diverse, urban landscape that provides the University and community with environmental, economic, and social benefits while supporting biodiversity.
Tree Campus USA
Our University has also been recognized by the National Arbor Day Foundation as a Tree Campus U.S.A. for the seventh consecutive year!
To become a Tree Campus USA college, the institution must meet five standards:
- Establish a campus tree advisory committee
- Create a campus tree care plan
- Dedicate annual expenditures to the campus tree program
- Hold an Arbor Day observance
- Provide service learning projects for students