UL Lafayette is a proud Bicycle Friendly University
UL Lafayette is among 38 colleges and universities recognized by the league for maintaining campuses that encourage biking and rider safety. The University recently earned a 2020-2024 bronze award as part of the league’s Bicycle Friendly University program. It also earned the multi-year designation in 2015.
Read more about the University's campus bicycling efforts here.
UL Lafayette Bike Amenities
- There are over 2,700 bike parking spots around campus.
- There are 5 covered bike parking locations that can each accommodate 20 bikes.
- Bike Friendly Streets with a growing number of bike paths. In 2023 the Fletcher Hall Bike Path and St. Michael St. connection at Ira Nelson were added to campus
- There are various bike routes that run throughout campus and connect to Cajun Dome Blvd bicycle path
- Solar powered pedestrian crossings were added in 2023
There are 2 Bike Lockers Locations
- 10 lockers in Oliver Tower
- 10 lockers in Taft Street Tower
Rules of the Road
- Bicyclists must obey the rules of the road. This means that a cyclist MUST stop at every stop sign and traffic light. Do not pass cars on the right and do not go through intersections against the traffic light.
- Ride in the direction of traffic while in the bicycle lanes—do not ride facing traffic.
- Please wear a helmet
For more information about bike safety, riding university streets, signage & signals, and registering your bicycle please visit the Office of Transportation Services.