Campus sustainability efforts are integrated into the everyday lives of UL students, faculty, staff, and administration. Residence Life is no exception!
Being a Cajun means being an active member of our community, a citizen of the world, and a steward of the environment around us.
Use the resouces below to start building your sustainable living habits.
Quick tips for setting up your green room:
Reduce and reuse!
- Use a reusable water bottle instead of buying plastic bottles. Filtered water is available from some drinking fountains. Personal filter jugs (like Brita) are also a great option.
- Use reusable plates, cutlery, and a coffee mug.
- Use a recycling bin in your room to collect recyclables, then put them in the green recycling carts in your trash rooms
- Unplug chargers when they are not charging phones and laptops
- Use LED bulbs in lamps
- Choose EnergyStar appliances and share between room/suitemates
- Leave your car at home - everything you need is within walking, biking, or busing distance from the residence halls!
For the full room checklist, click here.
Cajuns Don't Waste Room Competition
During Campus Sustainability Month (October), students compete to see who scores the highest in a Cajuns Don't Waste room evaluation. Points are awarded in the categories of water, energy, waste, wellness, transportation, and community.
Evaluation is based on the Cajuns Don't Waste room checklist. Download a copy here for tips on living efficiently and getting involved.
Your Sustainability RAs
There's an amazing team of RA's who are dedicated to sustainability in on-campus housing. They can answer (or find the answer to) any questions you may have. Look out for events and activities they will be promoting throughout the year!
- Rachel Needham - Baker
- Eliza Eligo - Bonin
- Jahel Osorino - Agnes Edwards
- Chris Rising - Agnes Edwards
- Emma Frederick - Coronna
- Ra-Shawn Lewis - Huger
- Christa Williams - Huger
- Ali Erdogan - Legacy Park