Campus sustainability efforts are integrated into the everyday lives of UL Lafayette students, faculty, staff, and administration. Residence Life is no exception!
Being a Ragin' Cajun means being an active member of our community, a citizen of the world, and a steward of the environment around us.
Use the resouces below to start building your sustainable living habits.
Quick tips for setting up your green room:
Reduce and reuse!
- Use a reusable water bottle instead of buying plastic bottles. Filtered water is available from some drinking fountains. Personal filter jugs (like Brita) are also a great option.
- Use reusable plates, cutlery, and a coffee mug.
- Use a reusable straw when buying fountain drinks on campus and around town. Get in the habit of keeping your reusable bottle, mug, and straw in your backpack!
- Use a recycling bin in your room to collect recyclables, then put them in the green recycling carts in your trash rooms. Find out what is recyclable on campus here.
- Unplug chargers when they are not charging phones and laptops.
- Use LED bulbs in lamps.
- Choose EnergyStar appliances and share between room/suitemates.
- Leave your car at home - everything you need is within walking, biking, or busing distance from the residence halls!
For the full room checklist, click here.
Cajuns Don't Waste
Download a copy here for tips on living efficiently and getting involved.
Your Sustainability RAs
There's an amazing team of RA's who are dedicated to sustainability in on-campus housing. They can answer (or find the answer to) any questions you may have. Look out for events and activities they will be promoting throughout the year!